The origins of the parish go back to 1882 when Father Joachim Allard, an Oblate missionary from the Fort Alexander Indian reserve invited the people from Chateauguay Quebec to come and establish a French-Canadian parish on the Winnipeg River in 1882. It was not until 1903, after the construction of a chapel, that St. Georges officially became the Saint-Georges de Châteauguay parish. In 1909, St. Georges built its first church but unfortunately it was destroyed by fire on May 1st, 1929. A second church (still standing) was built on the same spot and opened its doors in the month of December of that same year.
On the occasion of its centenary in 2003, a historical monument was erected near the church to commemorate the work that was accomplished by the founding members of the parish.
Mass on Sundays: 9:00 am
Choir: Every Sunday and Church Holidays
Weekdays: Church Bulletin or e-mail